Missing summer already? Not to worry—fall is a wonderful time of year! From cozy sweaters to pumpkin-colored everything, fall is the perfect time to enjoy great weather and the outdoors.
Here are five adventures that will make you love fall:
- Corn Mazin’. Corn mazes are not just for kids! Bring them along if you have to, but it’s time to bring the simple excitement of corn mazes back—and, let’s face it, there are some impressive mazes out there! Some depict intricate patterns or illustrated themes, such as Minnesota’s annual Sever’s Fall Festival—this year, there’s an “under the sea”-themed maze! Don’t venture into the unknown empty handed or on an empty stomach: bring some Dark Chocolate Trail Mix, and every twist and turn will feel like a real adventure.
- Tree Climbing. One of the most beautiful things about fall is the rich, colorful leaves overhead. Why not experience the vibrant landscape from a whole new perspective? Try some recreational tree-climbing at Wisconsin’s Riveredge Nature Center or Tree Climb Connecticut LLC in Connecticut.
- Fly Fishing. Fall is surprisingly a great time to put on your waders: crowds are calming down, temperatures are finally tapering off and the fish are still hun-gry. This October, why not head to “Big Sky Country” Montana for some trout fishing? Smoked Sliced Beef Biltong is the next best thing to a cookout, so don’t forget to stash some in your tackle box.
- Horseback Riding. No matter what part of the country you live in, horseback riding is an absolute must for the seasoned fall adventurer. If you’re ready for a once-in-a-lifetime ride, head to Rocky Mountain National Park for awe-inspiring views and over 260 miles of horse-friendly trails. Word to the wise: any long trek necvessitates water and healthy snacks. So, put something super satisfying in your saddle bags, like our all new Jalapeño Trail Mix.
- Road Trippin’. There’s no better time to head out on the open road than fall. Most people think the East Coast is the best place in the U.S. for a scenic fall drive; however, there are beautiful fall drives all over the U.S. Experience the Enchanted Circle Scenic Byway in New Mexico or the Olympic Peninsula in Washington.
- 9 Great Outdoor Adventures for Fall — Fodor’s Travel.
- Riveredge Tree Climbing — Riveredge Nature Center.
- Recreational Tree Climbing — Tree Climb Connecticut LLC.
- Top 10 Corn Mazes — Travel Channel.
- Corn Maze + Corn Maze Challenge — Sever’s Fall Festival.
- 6 Favorite Fall Adventures in the U.S. and Around the World — The Active Times.
- Fly Fishing — Big Hole Lodge.