The weather is getting chilly, which means it’s the perfect time for a comforting and savory meal. This salad is not only beautiful, but a hearty combination of protein and veggies with all the fall tastes and textures. Recipe courtesy of Stryve supporter, Sydney McIntosh.
Warm, Biltong Fall Salad with Apple Cider Turmeric Dressing (4-5 servings)
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups bone broth or water
- Half of medium buttercup squash, chopped (sub butternut, kabocha, or delicata)
- Avocado oil
- 1 tsp-1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1 pear, sliced
- Candied or roasted cashews
- Mixed greens
- Original beef biltong
Apple Cider Turmeric Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive or avocado oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss squash in avocado oil (I like to use the spray when air frying), honey, cinnamon, cardamom, salt and pepper.
- Place in air-fryer at 375 for 7-8 minutes. Alternatively if you don’t have an air-fryer, roast squash in a 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Cook quinoa with bone broth or water according to directions on back of package.
- Make dressing by mixing all ingredients in a mason jar with cap on and shake until thoroughly mixed.
- Place greens in salad bowl and add hot cooked quinoa. Add desired amount of dressing and mix.
- Add squash, pear, cashews, and biltong.
- Add more dressing if needed and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Enjoy the savory goodness!
Loved this salad? Let us what you think in the comments!